Wednesday 11 May 2016

Our highland adventure


I love the simple life. Give me basic comfort and nature and I’ll choose it any day over high end luxury in the city, so imagine my joy when I discovered these shearer's quarters in the Southern highlands of New South Wales.
Located in Tarlo, a place we hadn’t visited before, on an actual working farm, amid stunning scenery. The place itself was basic, but kitted out with everything we needed and even featured a piano, much to the delight of our girls.
The views were incredible, the peace and quiet exactly what we wanted for our long weekend break, and aside from the flocks of sheep and kangaroos darting around, we had the place all to ourselves. It was simply magical.

 
 
 
 
 
 

We loved the stunning sunsets, and magical misty mornings...



Enjoyed strolls around the paddocks

And even visited the Wombeyan Caves, which we all thought were very special  and worth exploring further.

I can't wait to come back here for another weekend break.  
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment