Wednesday 22 October 2014

Off the beaten track

Being 35 weeks pregnant with our second, I think I can be forgiven for dreaming of a time when I had the energy to go for long adventurous hikes in Sydney’s beautiful national parks. These days, if it’s not lack of sleep and energy that’s letting me down, it’s the fact that there’s big cliffs, fire trails that are unsuitable for prams and other child unfriendly hazards. Which essentially means that I am pretty much confined to the beach - about the only place where our darling daughter will sit still long enough for me to have a rest. I know, it’s a tough life :) 

Sedentary though my current lifestyle may be, it doesn’t stop me from dreaming about all the beautiful walks and views around here.

Here’s one of my absolute favourites from my pre baby days – the Bundeena to Marley head loop track in the Royal National Park. 

It’s about 11 kilometres long and both starts and finishes in Bundeena, which is accessible both by ferry from Cronulla, and by road through the park. 


Part of the Royal National Park's coastal track, this walk features stunning views of Sydney, as well as out to sea, with huge cliffs and amazing white rocks. 






As you can see from the trail, this terrain is unsuitable for even the most off-road worthy of prams (and trust me, I've thought of trying) but that no doubt adds to the charm...





And at the end, or rather half way through (it is a loop track after all) you get to hang out on this gorgeous beach...




Just make sure you leave enough time to get back on that last ferry...:) 


2 comments:

  1. hallo!

    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. i love hearing from expats that share the same kind of story. looks like you're living a lovely life in sydney. lovely blog! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Likewise! Your photos are gorgeous and it's really nice to see my "home" through the eyes of an expat:)

      Delete